Saturday 6 September 2014

Roti Jala

Exasperated looking Roti Jala at cafe every morning .. let me try it out ... so I'm look for the recipe and try it.. Wah lahhhhh success ... :)


Well I share it with you friends..  :)



Ingredients

  • 1 cup flour (Tepung gandum)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup milk (optional, if you do not want milk you can replace with plain water or coconut milk/Santan)
  • 2-3 drops of yellow food coloring 
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil  (I less the butter as I’m not really like the butter taste in my Roti Jala)
  • Pinch of salt 

How to make: 

·     Combine all the above ingredients and stir well with a whisk. Than filter the mixing above and set aside for about 10 minutes.
·    Heat a non-stick pan and wipe with a little olive oil (wipe with a paper towel dip in oil). When hot, pipe dough into a mold filled
·   Using Roti Jala mold,   spoon the dough on the pan & do it such as nets.
·  Cook over low heat, when the surface of the Roti Jala is pale (1-2 minutes), than you fold like in the picture. Now you are ready to Serve with favourite sauce, Curry  or sambal.